Counsellor and Mediator – qualifications and professional experience
Robin Coopes – Qualifications
- Bachelor of Arts (University of Western Australia, 1984)
- Bachelor of Counselling (University of Notre Dame Australia, 2015)
- Diploma of Education (University of Western Australia, 1985)
- Nationally accredited mediator (National Mediator Accreditation System, NMAS – 2015)
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner – Registration No. R1005175 (Commonwealth Department of the Attorney General)
Robin Coopes has worked professionally for over 30 years as a secondary school teacher and administrator in schools throughout regional Western Australia and Perth where she developed experience in working with at risk adolescents affected by social and emotional issues as a result of their life experiences. She saw first-hand the effect of these experiences on young people’s ability to learn and developed a strong interest in how to support people in challenging life circumstances.
Robin undertook formal counselling studies to increase her understanding of how best to support individuals in psychological distress and in 2015 graduated with a Bachelor of Counselling – with High Distinction.
In 2015 Robin qualified as a nationally accredited mediator within NMAS – National Mediator Accreditation Standards and as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner. Robin has conducted co-mediations in a private mediation practice.
Since 2009 Robin has also worked in a private mediation practice conducting intake sessions for parents undertaking family mediation, also known as Family Dispute Resolution. During these sessions Robin has assisted parents to prepare for child-focussed mediation conferences.